A character may sneak quietly past an enemy.
- Ability: Dexterity
- Classes: Arcane Archer, Assassin, Bard, Harper Scout, Monk, Pale Master, Ranger, Rogue, Shadowdancer
- Cross-Class: Yes
- Check: A move silently check is opposed by the listening creature's listen check. If the character is successful, the opposing creature remains unaware as the character moves.
- Special: Hide and move silently are combined into a single modal stealth action. Movement in stealth mode is slower than the normal rate. Wearing armor may incur a penalty, but low-light can provide a bonus.
- Use: Select the Stealth action from the Special Abilities radial. Invisible creatures automatically enter stealth mode.
- Despite the official description of this skill, invisible characters do not automatically enter stealth mode.
- For factors affecting a character's ability to successfully use this skill, see listen.