This skill allows a character to hide from enemies.
- Ability: Dexterity
- Classes: Arcane Archer, Assassin, Bard, Harper Scout, Monk, Pale Master, Ranger, Rogue, Shifter, Shadowdancer
- Cross-Class: Yes
- Check: The character must succeed at an opposed test against a searching creature's spot check. Success means that the character goes undetected.
- Special: The hide and move silently skills combine into a single stealth action. Movement in stealth mode is slower than the normal rate. Wearing armor may incur a penalty, as can using a torch, but low light can provide a bonus. A character in stealth mode is harder to spot if standing still, and if his stature is small.
- Use: Select the Stealth action from the Special Abilities radial. Invisible characters automatically enter stealth mode. Opposed spot and listen rolls are made once per round, where applicable.
- Despite the official description of this skill, invisible characters do not automatically enter stealth mode.
- For factors affecting a character's ability to successfully use this skill, see spot.