With this skill a character can use a healer's kit to cure wounds and heal poisons and diseases.
- Ability: Wisdom
- Classes: All
- Cross-Class: No
- Check: To heal poisons and diseases, the healer must make a successful check against their difficulty class. If he is successful, the target is healed and is cured a number of hit points equal to the skill roll, plus all modifiers. If the target suffers from no poisons or diseases, it is still cured of damage.
- Use: Use healing kit on wounded creature.
- The skill check allows for a take 20 when the character is not in combat.
- Use of this skill does not provoke an attack of opportunity when in combat, making healer's kits safer than curative potions in combat.
- Using a healer's kit does not cancel stealth, making it a good option for sneakers.
- Heal is a class skill for all classes except purple dragon knight.
- A negative result from the skill check will damage the target (provided the target is already damaged, diseased, or poisoned). However, such a result is rare since normally the heal skill will not be less than -1 (no ranks and a -1 wisdom modifier), and adding a die roll to -1 will not produce a negative result.